The History of

JSC “Bobruisk plant of biotechnologies"


JSC “Bobruisk plant of biotechnologies" is registered on January, 28, 2013, the "Hydrolized plant" is created by transformation of Bobruisk Republic Unitary enterprise “Hydrolytic Plant” is one of the oldest enterprises of hydrolytic industry, the first microbiological industry in Belarus.

The decision on making project and building Bobruisk hydrolytic-alcohol plant was adopted at the first All-Belarusianconference dedicated to chemicalixation of rural agriculture, which was held in May 1932. And in 1934 already according to the project of Gyprolesspirt the building was started, which took place in very tough conditions – on the swamp, there was practically no mechanization, all works were done manually. In April 1936 the building of the plant was finished and was ready for use withplanned production capacity of 500 thousand of dal a year.As a raw material it was planned to use wastes from saw-milling and woodworking– woodchips and sawdust. By the 1st of May 1936 the first product - hydrolytic ethanol - was ready.

During the years of The Great Patriotic War almost all equipment was transported to Germany, and the rest of the equipment was burned and destroyed. But due to the determined people and their hard labor the plant was rebuilt in short terms and by October 26, 1947 for the first time after the end of the war finished goods were ready.

In the post-war years the plant enlarged productive power and the complicated tasks on raw material complex using were resolved.

In 1960s the new technical equipment was installed, the production was widened, new types of products were developed.

Since 1961 a new workshop whichproducing liquid carbon dioxide, that is widely used in weldingwork, fizzy drinks, filling in the means of fire fighting.

In the middle of 1960s was settled the task to improve forage reserve of cattle breeding with fodder protein and vitamins. 

Since1965 till1967 accordingtotheprojectofJuzhyprobiosyntezwasheldthereconstructionoftheplantandaworkshop producingnutrient yeast theplanned production capacity of which makes 8, 4 thousand tons a year. While reconstruction a new stock for raw material, new stock for material and stock for yeast, areaof preparation lime milk and nutritivesaltgrout were built, railway branch was reconstructed.

In 1967 the yeasty workshopwas put into operation, planned production capacity of which was opened up in 1974. In the same year the production of fodder yeast enriched with lizine was organized at the factory. Since 1976 the release of yeast enriched with vitamin D2 is mastered. The further escalating of fodder yeast manufacturing used as the additives in the ration of cattle, pigs, birds, fur animals, has allowed to solve the problem of deficiency a fodder protein in the republic.

In 1973 the reconstruction of rectification branch is carried out with the purpose of transition to the production of technical rectified ethanol of maximum clearing. The State Mark of quality was given to this product on May 4, 1976.

Since the first years of enterprise existence the works on environment protection were held: reduction of emissions into the atmosphere, waste water clearing improvement, industrial wastes utilization. Local clearing structures for concentrated industrial drains clearing after yeast fermentation are constructed and put into operation in January, 1979. With the help of drains biological clearing it became possible to decrease the pollution on 43-45 %, and to use a part of conditionally pure waters in turnaround water supply for technological needs.

The close cooperation with the scientists of various research institutes within many years has enabled to introduce a number of perfection and automation measures of the hydrolytic process, perfection of cultivation technology and fodder yeastdrying, carbonic acid quality increase, has allowed to produce completely new kinds of goods.

An area for ginseng growing (biologically activechemical received by isolated ginseng tissuescultivation) was put into operation in1985. 20% ginseng infusion produced by the plant is used in cosmetics and perfumery, in chemical goods for everyday use and 40% infusion is used in medicine as stimulating andgenerallyrestorative means.

The economic crisis which led to USSR disintegration has affected the work of the plant. However the employees of the plant overcoming difficulties arising out of market relations, not only have survived, but also have expanded the enterprise.

To increase the number of consumer goods an area for production offoamdetergent, cosmetic lotion, protective nutritious hand cream and cologne was put into operation in 1991.

A technology of mushrooms cultivation was mastered in 1993.

A rectification workshop allowing to render service on green ware alcohol rectification receiving rectified alcohol.

            A number of measures and rational offers, directed on products cost prices reduction, economy of power resources is introduced. So in 1995 the own boiler-house providing the ferry manufacture was constructed. The boiler-house and drying installations of the enterprise started using natural gas instead black oil.

In the same 1995 the technical rectified ethanol production technology fromraw materialnonconventional for hydrolyticindustry – the ethanol mane fraction and molasses, was mastered.

An experimental industrial area to produce veterinarymedication “Sublicin”, plants protection substance “Bactogen”, biological preparation “Rizobactagen - C”, “Fitostimofos”, “Mikolin” was put into operation in 1998.

Since the end of 1999 at the factory the denaturized alcohol-containing production is adjusted.

In May 2001 the experimental industrial area is accepted on balance of the enterprise. The area is situated in Tugolitsa village where fuel briquettes are manufactured. Raw material for the manufacture is called lignin - the waste from hydrolytic industry.

In August 2001 the first starting complex of a workshop manufacturing rectified ethanol produced from food raw material(grain and crude alcohol) entered into operation. The second starting complex of the workshop entered into operation in December 2002

            The solidcarbon dioxide production technology is mastered in 2004.

Since January 2004 system of quality management is introduced at the enterprise according to STB ISO 9001-2001, and since December, 2005 - introduced environment control system corresponding to the STB ISO functions 14001-2005.

In December, 2005 the workshop manufacturing disinfectant and alcohol-containing solutions was entered into operation, where automobile windscreen cleaners production of "Krugozor" mark was mastered.

The whole complex of social questions is solved at the enterprise. Two household buildings, comfortable hostel, sports centre with game halls, swimming pool and sauna, two apartment houses, shop, the factory canteen are constructed. There is also lawn-and-garden cooperative society, recreation centre in Golynka village and the factory first-aid post.

In many respect for its successes and achievements the factory is obliged to the staff - both veterans, and young generation: to the chemists and technologists, power engineering specialist,  repairmen and builders, workers and chiefs – to all those who by their work promotes strength and prosperity of the factory.

The collective is constantly searching for the new kinds of competitive production, the development and production of which will provide the enterprise with economic growth and will improve the workers well-being.